9.25.2005

..::Blessed Be God::..

May the peace and joy of Christ be with you always! I have returned from several months of nothing. I am pleased to say that I was at World Youth Day, and during the pilgrimage, made a stop in Assisi and knew that I was meant to be a Franciscan! Praised be Jesus Christ! I had a beautiful time with many wonderful and blessed people! I wish I could write more and share some photos, but I do not have much time now that school has started.

I have recently written Mother Mary Regina after she had sent me a letter along with a newspaper clipping from the article in the Diocean Newspaper about the Nuns. I loved it! I did write her a 6 page letter back because she had asked about my WYD experience. I could have easily wrote more if I had included many many more details! On experience was waiting an hour in line to go to Adoration at the Vigil Site. My friend Britt and I were pushed and squeezed in a line , mostly surrounded by French people and some Sisters, including a few Carmelites. It was quite warm for the most part. Oh, there are so many other stories I could tell of what happened while we were there.

I just hope that there will be an opportunity soon to visit Mother Abbess and the Nuns again! I do miss them dreadfully! I think one weekend I will leave on Friday after class to head out on an hour and fifteen minute car trip and spend the weekend. I could either return Sunday evening or Monday morning. I'd love to stay until Monday morning. I think I will have to call up Mother Abbess and discuss some plans for visiting! I really miss seeing them! I miss the chapel and I miss the Divine Office and the beautifully sung Masses. :sigh: All for Jesus!

I think that before I enter the Cloister, I will make a week long pilgrimage to Assisi (again! I love that city!) with my youth minister, as it is a tradition to take the youth minister somewhere nice before one enters. Last time, when my friend Melinda entered the Sisters of Charity, they were in Hawaii for a while. I don't think I could stand Hawaii... I'd rather go for something like Assisi or going around to all the Shrines and such nearby Rome. Lourdes or Fatima or any other apparition site would be beautiful as well! I think I am thinking much too far ahead, and not at all in a spirit of poverty, one of the vows I will embrace.

Well, blessings to you all, whoever may still be reading this log of vocational status! And, if anyone can help, I am looking for a confessor! God Bless and Mary Protect you always!

Yours in the Most Sacred Hearts,
Angela Louise

No comments: