10.12.2006

So, I was thinking...

+JMJ

Praised be Jesus Christ! Greetings to you all and your holy angels! I realize it has been far too long since I have made any sort of update and a lot has happened, although nothing major or fantastic. Monday I spent all day Downtown at the Field Musuem taking pictures for my Non-European art history class. My dad also got us tickets to see the King Tut exhibit while we where there. It really wasn't as good as I imagined it would have been. There was some really beautiful things there, but for some reason all this gold and artisian work really doesn't astound me. Even the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel didn't take my breath away. Yes, it was beautiful. What I found even more beautiful was the Crucifix on the altar. It was nothing extraordinary and possibly made by someone we don't know. I loved it and I wanted to get closer to it to see each and every detail. I love the wonderfully ornate and beautiful churches that are not tourist destinations. I was in awe of the beauty of St. Peter's, but I fell in love with the quiet sanctity of St. Paul's Outside the Walls. Am I crazy? Does the environment of art really change it's beauty?

No comments: