2.22.2007

Lent: Day 2

+JMJ

Praised be Jesus Christ!

Choose life...
Have you chosen to follow Christ, even when it means accepting the cross?
Luke 9:22-25
"If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me."
It is only the second day of lent, and already I am feeling a little worn and weary. I am realizing how difficult of a lent this will be. I was very much excited for it to start, but now that it has, I feel like I ought to do better.

For one, last night I spent 15 minutes in adoration after being unable to locate where the evening of recollection was being held at. It was difficult and I felt as though I lacked in love for Our Saviour present in the Most Blessed Sacrament. I felt just terrible to be there before Him. My mind would keep drifting and my prayers were few and sparse. I imagine Mass letting out in the middle of my time there was of no help, but I felt so distant and cut off from Our Lord.
I did however have the chance to make it to Mass twice. It was wonderful to be there although I was late for the first one and the second one was in the college's sparse kneeler-less chapel for every event in the college. I have to admit that I would not let the little things deter me from loving Our Lord, but it ended up being me that felt as though I did not love enough.

The rest of the day was normal and I did not eat anything until about 6:45pm and about an hour later, I was feeling ill. I did drink water throughout the day though. The day did not seem to be fervent in anyway and I did lack in prayer that day. I truly need to work on prayer before I can pronounce myself to be stuck in a period of spiritual dryness. Please pray for me. Pray that I can pray more and keep faithful to my Lenten promises!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

“Pick up your cross and follow me" has taken a real meaning to me lately
I'm glad you brought it up ;)

The Cross is a symbol of purpose to us as Christians - is it not?

Interesting how the feast of St Stephen the Martyr immediately follows the birth of Jesus.

Happy Lent.
I love your post.
Keep the sacrifices going :)
Build treasure