11.06.2006

A Sudden Desire

+JMJ

It has been quite sometime since I have really desired within myself the religious life. Suddenly today, I feel such a strong desire. It is almost flame like, engulfing my heart in love. I feel it may have to do with reading Showings by Julian of Norwich. It is such a simple and straightforward text, but at the same time filled to the brim with such a rich and deep love of God. It is beautiful. I am not quite through it all and I have more than half of it to finish, but it is just so beautiful in the way that the love of God shines forth so brilliantly.

I feel such a desire for God although it has been sometime since it feels like I have had a sincere desire for Him. There have been times where I have broken down into tears just telling Jesus, I know I need You, but I can't hold on to You! I want You but I need to do better and stay closer to You.

Jesus I need You.

Lord, Thy Will Be Done.

No comments: