5.25.2005

..::Praised Be Jesus Christ::..

So, lately I have been thinking about what name I would take as a Sister, and I was trying to think of Saints that have played a role somewhere in my life. I have some up with quite a few, so I might as well share the list that I have so far! Also, I wish to honor Our Blessed Mother with my name, so all my choices will begin as Sister Mary ... So, here is the list of what I have come up with so far. I will most likely explain the relevance of the Saint later as I do not have much time to spend explaining them all right now.
  • Sister Mary Helen
  • Sister Mary Leo
  • Sister Mary Ambrose (actually, this one just sounded pretty to me)
  • Sister Mary Luke
  • Sister Mary Andrew
  • Sister Mary Therese (or Teresa)
  • Sister Mary Louise (can I take my middle name as my name I wonder...)
Ha ha... I will definatly have to shorten this list quite a bit before I enter! Also, there is the matter of the title that I will take along with my name. I have a few ideas, but the first few are my favorites based on my favorite devotions.
  • of the Passion
  • of the Precious Blood
  • of the Five Wounds
  • of the Sacred Heart
Now, the choice of the name I choose is not up to me at all, rather it is left up to Mother Abess who will make the choice from a few names and titles that I will suggest to her along with reasoning. But even with that, she may choose something entirely different from what I have suggested to her! It is all in God's hands though, and I must rely on Him rather than myself even in such trivial matters as these.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hey Angela! I personally vote for Sr. Mary Luke of the Sacred Heart. Sounds cool to me, but like you said, it'll be up to your Mother Superior. You're thinking about entering the Rockford Poor Clares right?

God Bless!

Angela Louise said...

Yep! Rockford Poor Clare Colettines!

Anonymous said...

now - i didnt know this about the name you take on... :) very interesting and just plain neat!

and personally, I love the Sacred Heart devotion - thumbs up for that one
God bless you, a lot. All in God's hands.
Take care
-- LD